welcome all. Today we really started to blog... primarily about our project "MedioVis" which is developed by a few people at the HCI-Chair at the University of Konstanz, Germany.
MedioVis is concerned with the user-centred development of next generation visual information seeking systems for novice and nonexpert users. A central design goal of the MedioVis interface is to offer interaction focused on supporting realistic human search behaviour: Not only analytical queries but also browsing-oriented strategies shall be supported, for example by allowing a quick overview, filtering, zooming into details, and "surfing" of search results.
MEDIOVIS IN A NUT SHELL:
- Visual search and exploration in digital libraries, catalogues or multimedia databases
- User-centred document- and knowledge retrieval
- Multiple application scenarios: libraries, e-commerce, desktop or intranet search, video-on-demand, media asset management, ...
- Visual interface and new zoomable user interface components (e.g. the HyperGrid) for easily accessing multimedia metadata or fulltext (e.g. JPG, PDF, AVI, MP3, ...) without losing visual context
- MedioVis explores innovative solutions for multimedia document storage and retrieval in cooperation with the WG DBIS (Prof. Scholl, University of Konstanz) and the BaseX project.
Have fun & best whishes from Lake Constance